GM continues to be one of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers, with over 17 million vehicles on the road. In fact, GM dealerships employ over 28,000 technicians in the United States alone.
As a technician in the GM Technician Career Training Program, you’ll experience a blended training program of hands-on and online learning to diagnose, repair and maintain gasoline and diesel vehicles for the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac brands.
Program Type: Student-paid elective
Program Length: 12 weeks
- Electrical/Electronics: Understand vehicle networks, vehicle diagnostics, electrical diagnosis, body controls and supplemental restraints
- Brakes: Learn GM braking systems, including service and diagnosis of advanced braking systems and controls
- HVAC: discover how to service and diagnose GM heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems to factory specifications
- Steering & Suspension: Understand steering and suspension systems and chassis controls, including high-tech vehicle handling and stability systems
- Engine Repair: Gain experience on the full range of current GM repair procedures and precision measurements
- Engine Performance: Understand how to diagnose engine performance and emission systems using the GM Global Diagnostic System
- Diesel Engine Performance: Get specialized training on the 6.6L DuramaxTM diesel engine used in GM trucks
- Maintenance and Inspection: Learn how to perform multi-point vehicle inspections and maintenance services
Why choose a career with a GM dealer?
- National presence: GM operates the largest dealer network in the U.S., with over 4,200 locations.
- Opportunity: GM dealers employ over 28,000 technicians.
- Demand: As one of the world's top manufacturers, GM has over 17 million vehicles on the road.
- Growth: GM continues to manufacture many of the world's most popular automotive brands including Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac.
- Advancement: GM technicians have the opportunity to achieve Master and World Class Technician status.